Professional qualifications services

Professional qualifications services

When do you need to get a Professional Qualification Certificate notarised?

You may need to get your professional qualification certificate notarised for various formal and legal reasons. These may include:

  • International employment
  • Visa and immigration applications
  • Further education
  • Professional registration
  • Business transactions
  • Legal matters
  • Government applications
  • Professional Licensing

The notarisation confirms that the certificate and qualifications are authentic, and that you hold the qualification.

What is classed as a professional qualification?

There are many different professional qualifications from a vast range of industries that people might try to get through years of studying and practical work. The qualification could be related to business, media, or the medical industry. 

Professional qualifications are generally issued by governing bodies that are well-known within their field, such as the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).

Some university degrees will be accredited by these types of governing bodies, but you are unlikely to receive a separate qualification if you go the university route, and instead, you will be given a degree certificate

For example, the RHS offers qualifications related to careers in horticulture, such as the RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Plant Growth and Development. Also, the CIPD offers qualifications in roles related to HR and other careers related to people management, such as the Foundation Level Certificate in People Practice. 

The examples we have used are recognised globally, and so, their qualifications can be used all over the world to prove your knowledge and expertise. 

How do I get a professional qualification?

Essentially, you just need to apply to do a course in your chosen field, and spend however long is required to complete it whilst working as hard as you possibly can to pass the course. 

Then, once your course has been completed, you will be given a certificate or other type of document that proves you completed the course and gained the relevant qualifications. 

Who accepts professional qualifications?

Aside from the obvious situations where professional qualifications are accepted by organisations throughout the UK, they will also be accepted by organisations throughout the world.

Qualifications will be recognised in different countries at different levels within their own framework.

For example, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) accepts medical qualifications so that the person who submitted them can become accredited in the UK, and become a medical practitioner in Australia. 

For AHPRA, you can make applications to work in various medical fields, including dental, osteopathy, and psychology. We have a blog where you can learn more about AHPRA and see how we can help you.

Why you need a Notary Public

Anyone who wants to use their professional qualifications abroad to, for example, get a job in another country and prove that they have the relevant experience, will need the assistance of a Notary Public. 

To be recognised overseas as valid, authentic documents, your qualifications will need to be notarised. Our Notary Public of England and Wales, Nathan Woodcock, can do this for you. 

Additionally, once your qualifications have been notarised, they will likely also need to be legalised by either being given an apostille, or by going through embassy legalisation. 

Most countries accept apostilles, which are a faster and more convenient way of legalising documents. We work closely with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to get your documents apostilled as efficiently as possible. You can choose between our standard apostille service, or our fast-track service. 

However, if you are going to a country that does not accept apostilles, then you will need to go through the longer process of embassy or consulate legalisation. The process of embassy or consulate legalisation can vary based on the country you want to go to. Luckily, we are here to manage the whole process for you.

Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you with our professional qualifications services. 


If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services,
contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0800 049 2471 (free to call) or email

If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services, contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0800 049 2471 (free to call) or email

Request a call back

We will call you within 24 hours to discuss your no-obligation quote.

Notary Contact Form