All News Blog Videos

13 September 2022

Notary services for students moving abroad and student visa applications

Woodcock Law & Notary Public can assist you in moving abroad to study.

Estimated reading time: 2 minutes

Student travelling with her visa after getting documents notarised

Many UK nationals wish to study in different countries. For this to be possible, people who want to study abroad will need a Student Visa from the country they want to go to. They will also need to ensure that their documents will be accepted in their destination country. 

Studying abroad with a Student Visa

The documents that you need to study abroad will depend on the country and institution you select. However, listed below are some documents that are highly likely to be required:

  • Official academic transcripts
  • Your CV
  • A letter of recommendation
  • English language proficiency test scores
  • A statement of intent

We offer the notarisation and legalisation of many of the above documents. Other documents you might need, for which we also offer our services, are listed below:

  • Degree certificate
  • Student transcript
  • Degree transcript
  • University transcript
  • Proof of studying
  • Passport
  • Student ID
  • Bank statements
  • Degree completion letter
  • University confirmation letter
  • University attendance letter
  • Enrolment letter
  • Affidavits, statutory declarations, and powers of attorney

Getting your documents legalised

Legalisation, which is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp is genuine, is often required by foreign authorities before they will accept your document to be used. 

In many cases, all you will need is an apostille to be attached to the document in question. If the country you are wanting to study in is part of the Hague Convention, then an apostille is likely all you will need. A list of all the countries in the Hague Convention can be found here

Getting an apostille is a relatively simple process if you have your documents authenticated by a notary public. We can provide all the document assistance you need. 

How we can help you get a Student Visa to study overseas

Woodcock Law & Notary Public can also assist you in your application to study abroad. Many countries offer several types of study visas, aimed at university students as well as non-degree level students. 

We can aid you in understanding the various requirements you need to meet for your visa, as well as with ensuring your documents are all in order. Our previous work has included working with people to secure study visas in Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Spain, amongst others.

Medical and dentistry school applications

Many British students who leave the UK to study abroad wish to study for a medical degree. In particular, dentistry often proves a popular degree type for such students. Students are drawn by the opportunity to experience different cultures, as well as access different technologies. 

Many countries will require you to have a student visa, which will also mean providing legalised versions of the relevant documents. Each country has different rules, however, so we recommend that you consult each country’s government website to find the most up to date information on.

Contact us for our expert advice

Woodcock Law & Notary Public is highly experienced in assisting with your visa application.

Contact us if you need any assistance on 0330 133 6480 or email


If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services,
contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0330 133 6480 or email

If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services, contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0330 133 6480 or email