Cyprus Student

We can assist you in getting your Cyprus Student Visa.

Home > Services > Visa & Consular Services > Cyprus > Cyprus Student Visa

What is a Cypriot Student Visa?

Cyprus, located south west of Greece, is the third largest island in the Mediterranean. It has a rich history, as well as relaxing beaches, and picturesque scenery.

Known mainly as a tourist destination, the country is visited by thousands of people per year. However, despite not being the most well known location for studying, many people also go to Cyprus to take advantage of the academic opportunities there.

Cyprus has a well respected education system, and invests significantly in education. This, coupled with its low tuition fees, cheap accommodation, and attractive scenery, means many students are drawn to the island.

Do you need a visa?

Yes. Non-EU students, including those from the UK, will require a visa to study in Cyprus.

Visas are only issued to full-time students, and rely on you taking at least 12 credits per semester. You should apply for your visa no more than three months before the course starts, and you will need to attend a visa interview. Non-EU nationals are also not allowed to work during their stay.

When you apply for your Student Visa, you will need several documents that include the following:

  • Your completed application form.
  • Your application fee.
  • Four passport-style photographs.
  • Your academic certificates.
  • A certificate of good standing from the police.

How long does the Cypriot Student Visa last?

The Cypriot Student Visa does not usually last very long, with most students studying for just three months. 

However, if you want to study in Cyprus for longer, you have the option of applying for a temporary residence visa, which you must apply for after you arrive in Cyprus. 

Other documents you need to study in Cyprus

If you are looking to study in Cyprus, you should know that there are several documents needed in order to make a successful application. Some of these documents are listed below:

  • Your passport. Minimum validity of the passport is 2 years (from the start date of the semester you are applying)
  • A criminal record certificate.
  • Your medical certificates. You will need five medical exams for HIV, Hepatitis B (HBsAg), Hepatitis C (HCV), Syphilis (VDRL), and a Chest X-Ray (Tuberculosis)
  • Your bank statements.
  • Your academic qualifications.

Getting your documents notarised

Many of the documents will require an apostille. Acquiring an apostille means getting your document authenticated by a Notary Public and then sending it to the FCDO for an apostille certificate.

We can help you get your documents legalised. We offer apostille services to students across the world and have a wealth of experience and expertise to guide you through the whole process.

Woodcock Law & Notary Public is here help

Woodcock Law & Notary Public is highly experienced in assisting with your visa needs.

Contact us if you need any assistance on 0330 133 6480 or email

Need advice?

Call us or complete the form below.

Notary Contact Form


If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services,
contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0330 133 6480 or email

If you have any questions about our notary, apostille or consular services, contact Woodcock Notary Public today.

Call us on 0330 133 6480 or email

Request a call back

We will call you within 24 hours to discuss your no-obligation quote.

Notary Contact Form